In fact, I still love that camera! But even I have to admit that an upgrade is needed. So I've had my eye on this little beauty for some time. I was going to treat myself to it after Christmas but the loss of job soon put a stop to that plan. So imagine how happy I was when my parents offered to put half towards it as a present!!!

But where on earth was I going to get the other half, sans job?
So, painful as it is, I've decided to clear out my closet on Ebay. The most painful thing was parting with a Limited Edition Kate Moss for Topshop sequin dress ... which is kind of odd as I've never worn it since I got it LAST YEAR.
Which got me thinking, I've got dresses I've never worn but struggle to part with, shoes I bought because they were a bargain which don't really fit, clothes from charity shops which 'I'll get altered to fit one day'. Just how much of my closet do I wear?
The last statistic I heard was that we wear 10% of our clothing, 90% of the time. I'd like to think that it is different for bloggers as we put ourselves and our outfits out there in the blogsphere for scrutiny. What do you guys think?
Do you honestly wear most of your closet?
Do you have anything you can't part with but have never worn?
I'd love to hear your stories so I know I'm not alone!
xXx
Dorothy Perkins do some great coloured tights and not too badly priced.
ReplyDeleteI got a "thanks but no thanks" letter a few days ago about the job, ah well!
I love this post I've got lot's of things I love and never wear. Not sure I can part with them, although I did bite the bullet and sell about 20 pairs of shoes on eBay recently and I don't miss them. Good luck with your listings x
Kittenish Behaviour Blog
I've lost count of the number of times I've gone through my wardrobe to scale it down and most of the stuff has gone back in because I may lose those few extra kilo's which will make me look hot, hot, hot in something! On the other hand, I have chucked things out which have then come back in to fashion a few seasons later, so it's tricky. Do hope you find the money to be able to get your camera - I sooo want a new one too! xx
ReplyDeleteI'm forever going through my wardrobe and selling one or two things at a time. A major cull was needed this season having changed size dramatically over the summer (for the best) and needing to replace a lot. Damn near broke my heart though.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing camera! I hope you can get it soon :)
ReplyDeleteI honestly don't wear half of my closet. I definently re-wear alot of the same thigns but whenever I blog a lot I usually switch it up more. :)
<3Chelsea Elizabeth
Wow, your parents are so good! I am planning on getting a new camera too, but I am afraid I will have to pay for it 100% (ugh!).
ReplyDeleteI think that, indeed, we wear 10% of our clothes, because I think, we feel more cpmfortable with those. The rest is for more special occassions. It is the same with me!
Kisses, Froso from Style Nirvana.
Wow I'm asking for a DSLR for christmas too- mine broke ( well it wasn't even a DSLR)!
ReplyDeleteI only war maybe 50% of my wardrobee...
thanks for the comment! Hope you visit back!
www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com
Love the camera, I'm hoping for a Christmas contribution for one too!
ReplyDeleteAnd the clothes front, I know what you mean, I can't bear to part with them, although I probably don't wear them all, it is more of a 'I will one day' thing..:) x
www.golden-indigo.blogspot.com
Ok so I am loving that camera, I really want to invest in one but I have no idea what i am supposed to be looking for, specs, requirements etc.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Dandizette xx
iUNDEREYE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Wow thats a crazy statistic! Haha I think it might even be true! I like to dress up, but theres just days especially when I got to school, where I just wanna wear jeans, a t shirt, and some type or sweater, cardigan or coat. Idk thats just me. Well I hope you are able to get that camera, it looks waay awesome! Goodluck! :)
ReplyDelete♥lasenoritadaisy.blogspot.com
Ooo, that camera's a beaut!
ReplyDeleteI think I am guilty of wearing a small percentage of my wardrobe. Probably more than 10%, but still, not all of it.
I do have clothes which I never wear, but can't part with them 'just in case' I'll ever need them, lol.
oh no selling clothes.......sigh x
ReplyDeleteI've become quite ruthless with my wardrobe rotation. If by six months it doesn't make an appearance, it's on the rail to be sold! That way you always know what you love and what you're pretty meh about - a couple of years into this routine and I've acquired a wardrobe full of stuff I love. And most of the time when shopping, if I'm not 100% in love, I don't buy it. It's proof it's a keeper if you remember it days later. Good luck with the fundraising! You should definitely update a blog shop, I'm sure that would help :) jazzy ♥
ReplyDeleteA. I am a crap photographer. An expensive camera makes no difference, and I always want to photograph the mundane things, the things that interest me: the person standing near the fab landscape I'm ignoring, the plate of food I'm eating, a cool thing in a shop... If I try, it goes wrong.
ReplyDeleteB. I try to rotate the old wardrobe, seasonally at least. It helps, but there are some things (all bootcut pants for example) I ought to retire. Probably as soon as I do, they will be 'back' though. Don't want to jinx myself : )
cakesandshakes.wordpress.com
You're absolutely right... but someday there'll be an occassion for everything... at least, that's what I believe in (guess I watched too much SATC ;)
ReplyDeleteahh this camera looks great! I'm def not an expert and in fact my camera broke a week ago so now my friends take shots of me and I'm waiting for a new one haha (sad) anyway I hope you get it and take amazing photos with it:)))))
ReplyDeleteOhhhh I can definitely relate with this post - my closet is jam-packed with shoes and thrifted clothes that I have never really worn (and probably won't ever wear). But when you're in a Salvation Army and blazers, knits and boots are $2-5, I can't resist LOL. I find myself only wearing Zara and H&M most of the time.
ReplyDeleteYour post got me thinking - I need to sell loads of abandoned clothes on eBay and make some extra moolah. :)
Great blog and thank you for the sweet comment!
xx Lauren
Ah I would so learn how to take photos with an SLR - the only problem is, I most definitely cannot afford one!
ReplyDeleteFantastic blog, would love it if you stopped by mine sometime.
Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com
Amazing. I only wear like 8/20 dresses. It's crazy but i daren't throw them away, that's when i'll want them ;) x hivennn.
ReplyDeleteI definitely try to wear everything I own...I think it's fun to find new match for old clothes :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment :)
ReplyDeleteI would say two inches sounds about right! I haven't even been outside, it's cold enough indoors haha.
Wish I had a camera like this! And I can safely say that I don't wear a lot of my clothing because I get bored easily,
Rosie x
Wow, your new camera will be incredible. To be honest I think that statistic is a little exaggerated, however I think that I probably rarely wear at least half of my wardrobe, must clear it out soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
xxx
theothersideofthepondmydear